please excuse the "3rd person" it is written for the website:24 Hour “DRAW-A-THON” Commission Guidelines/Rules:
PLEASE read all of the following information before making your commission request.
EVENT: Saturday, August 29 8pm EST/5pm PT to Sunday, August 30 8pm EST/5pm PT
USTREAM Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tom-hodges-live( Read more:Collapse )
I am plotting an Event. I am going to do a [b]24 hour LIVE Draw-A-Thon[/b] NEXT WEEK!
Now, the details on how to order your commissions will come by the end of the weekend. My main goal right now is to see what's the best viewing time for you to pop in and out throughout the broadcast, watching your sketches being done LIVE and packed and ready for shipping. Commissions will range in price from $10 to $40. If you spend $30 or more, you will get freebies!
I'm doing this for the following reasons:
1. I'm just about finished every and all commission I have lingering and they're about to ship by Monday.
2. This is my "End of Summer" BASH!
3. I'm raising money to do something special for my wife. We've been NON-STOP since January between Cons, projects, work and moving... we both need a bit of a break before the Fall which looks to be our busiest EVER! I'd prefer to not dip into savings or take away from money that goes for bills and whatnot.
4. I'm nuts. LOL Plus, a lot of folks have been asking me about my method and what i do when I work. This will be what I would call "An Artist Alley table with no limits."
I'm trying to figure out the best Days and time to do this late next week. I would like the input of you all as to when you would be able to pop in, snag a commission (they would start being able to be ordered on Monday, August, 24th at Noon EST). The Day choices are as followed:
Thursday August 27
Friday August 28
Friday August 28
Saturday August 29
Saturday August 29
Sunday August 30
All start times would be 5pm, and same with end times. There will also be simultaneous 1 day auctions for a batch of lingering art I have here ranging from Official art used by Lucasfilm, Sketch cards and Con leftovers.
I want this to be fun and I want folks to really enjoy this because I plan on making this a regular event. This one is for personal reasons, next time I'll mix charity into it!
So please, let me know what days you think you'd prefer this to occur and this Sunday, I'll post all the details!
As promised... A new Brock piece...
These will be at SDCC as well as the Dr. Mrs. the Monarch I posted earlier. LIMITED numbers, but for anyone NOT going to SDCC and would like one of these (and the Molotov I'm working on...) email me as soon as possible at email@example.com. I'm only going to make 10 NON-SDCC editions of these (there will only be 20 of each at SDCC). They'll be 11" x 17" and other details we'll work out via email.
1. I watched the two stars of the film on TODAY this morning and by the way Kristen Stewart was acting, I got the impression she was thinking she made a HUGE career mistake. No one gave a rats ass she was there... it was all about the dude.
2. I just dropped art for tonight's midnight screening @ the Drafthouse. There was a a girl there who had been waiting since noon. Slightly sad.
3. Hot Topic DEFINITELY will benefit.
4. Theater chains all across the country will at least catch 1 girl masterbating to this film tonight... and sadly, at least 1 boy as well. How do I know? I just get the feeling it'll happen.
5. Theater chains should consider having seats cleaned after the screenings (see #4).
I realize that there are a ton of people dying to see this movie and to each his own, I hope you have a blast and it's everything you've always wanted in a teen-romance-vampire flick... I just haven't seen anything to make me think it's more then a reason to get girls giddy.
Can we change "Joe the Plummer" to "Joe the Right-Wing Douche who doesn't have his Certification and doesn't pay his Taxes"?
Since I've been doing a lot of stuff with the Alamo Drafthouse in Westlakes, a little while back I was asked to come and do sketches at a Doctor Who Appreciation Night. I went and it was nothing I expected, it was so packed they were bringing in extra chairs and tables into the theater. So they asked me to come back to do more sketches and they also asked me to do something for the event.
They votew online as to which Doctor they'll be viewing at that meet up. So I did a print featuring that Doctor. I'm not very knowledgable in the whole Who thing, but it's always nice to do something different...( The 9th Doctor...Collapse )
I made this post so no one can comment cause these are my observations/opinions and don't really need any comments... Just some stuff I've had on my mind and haven't vented.
1. I don't believe in punching a woman, but I REALLY want to punch Cindy McCain in the mouth.
2. You know SNL had it's highest ratings in 14 years this past weekend due to the appearance of Sarah Palin on the show. Do people from the Right realize that it's because most people who were watching were hoping she'd make an ass out of herself... buy the way, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! We weren't watching to see her do anything other then get abused to her face... which thankfully, they did.
3. I love Wacom tablets. (They can't all be about current affairs)
4. Bought Terri a MacBook a few weeks ago... they could have warned me that the same one would be $100 cheaper within the month AND we could have gotten a better one for $200 in that same time frame. I now what my MacBook Pro... yes, I'm jealous.
5. Yes, I find Sarah Palin attractive... but I've always had a crush on Tina Fey. The difference is, when Fey talks, I still crush on her... when Palin talks, I want to punch her in the mouth (see #1).
6. I've been super busy lately and owe folks an update on whats been happening...
a. been working hard on the Clone Wars Web Comics
b. been working on finishing up and sending out commissions
c. prepping for Star Wars Fan Days II this weekend in Richardson, Texas
d. trying to get organized at home... office... the whole house in general... still very behind on that
e. not getting as much sleep as I would like and hope that the Syarcuse Heroes Con November 1 & 2, I will get a a couple of days to veg out, play the PS3... just do NOTHING.
I think that's it for that part.
7. Just because I think this country is a bit fucked up and needs fixing doesn't make me Un-American. This country is screwed up right now and regardless of where you live here. Shit is bad and it's the moron in the White House and his Cronies fault. George Bush is why you should never tell a retarded kid he can be anything he wants to be.
8. To the person who stole my Obama/Biden sign off my lawn "Go Fuck Yourself, Dickweed!"
9. Colin Powell edorsed Obama... Always liked that guy.
10. Hey Joe The Plummer... go get your certification, go pay your taxes... THEN open your mouth, Douchebag.
ok, that's all I got for now.